Feedback, Suggestions and Complaints
Our Commitment to You
At Lincoln Medical, it is our intention to provide you with the best possible service. We welcome your feedback and suggestions to help us to improve our service to you.
We recognise that we do not always get it right. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the medical care or the service you receive from us, we would like to address your concerns.
How to Make a Complaint
If your concern is about a consultation with your doctor and you feel able to discuss this with them, the best course of action is to phone and ask the doctor to ring you when they can. Issues can often be resolved this way.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of your visit to Lincoln Medical, you are invited to contact us any way you wish, for example:
- By writing a letter explaining your concerns
- By telephoning and asking to speak to the Complaints Officer
- By making an appointment and discussing the complaint directly with the Complaints Officer
Once you have made us aware of your concerns:
We will acknowledge your letter, or telephone call in writing within five working days. A decision will be made and conveyed to you Within 20 working days (in compliance with the requirements of the Health and Disability Commissioner)
What Happens Next?
Your complaint will then be dealt with. The steps taken will depend on the nature of your complaint, but it may include:
- Informing the health professional or staff member of the complaint and requesting their comments or explanation
- Asking for more information or discussing the matter informally with you over the telephone, or by letter if talking with you is not possible
- Seeking to redress your concerns and obtain a satisfactory outcome for you
If you are unhappy with the outcome, we will advise you how to contact the Health and Disability Commissioner, who may re-investigate your complaint.